To join the Association for Lifelong Learning for the Fall semester and register for courses, complete the membership/registration form in this catalog. Mail the form, with your $30.00 Fall membership dues, to:
Association for Lifelong Learning, P.O. Box 342
Salisbury, MD 21803
Additional membership/registration forms are available on ALL’s website, www.associationforlifelonglearning.org or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Registration: August 3 - August 18
ALL must receive your completed membership/registration form and membership dues by August 18, 2017 for you to attend courses. ALL cannot accept late registrations or course walk-ins.
Course enrollment is limited to 30. Participants will be enrolled in the order their membership/registration forms are received. If a course you selected is full, ALL will notify you, and you will have the opportunity to select another available course. If all courses you selected are full, ALL will notify you, and, if you do not wish to select other available courses, will return your membership dues. Unless you hear otherwise, assume that you are successfully enrolled in the course(s) you selected.
If a course is cancelled because of insufficient enrollment or other unforeseeable circumstances, ALL will attempt to notify you before the first scheduled class meeting.
Course Cancellations due to Weather
If Wicomico County Schools are closed due to inclement weather, ALL classes held at the MAC Center and Bethany Lutheran Church will be cancelled. If Salisbury University is closed because of inclement weather, classes at the University House will not be held.
If you are unable to attend a course for which you have registered, please let ALL know by email that you need to drop the course.
Fall 2017 Courses at a Glance
- Current European Crises. Todd Becker
- Psychology of Aging. Carolyn Stegman
- Nuclear Weapons. James Noel
- DNA: What is it, what does it do, and what can we do with it? Steve Gehnrich
- Crucial Events that Developed the United States. Ray Thompson and Eleanor Mulligan
- A Man Walks Into a Bar: Short Stories. Nancy Hesser
- Beyond Borders: Short Stories of Mexico and Central America. Nancy Hesser
- Discovering Delmarva: "Bob Random" Wry Reports on the Shore (and Beyond). Phil Hesser
- Epidemiology for Non-Scientists. Karin Johnson
- Greece and the Transformation of Judaism. Joe Chaikel
- Great Decisions. Jarvis Cain
- Eastern Shore Maritime History, Part II. Ted Corbett
- Freedom of Speech and the Press: Classic Decisions and Current Questions. Page Insley Austin
- Art of the 20th Century: Focus Europe. Terry Murray
- Current Environmental Challenges on Delmarva. Mike Pretl
- The Artist's Way. Diane Thomas Mitchell
- Chapters from My Life: A Course in Memoir Writing. Jane Conly